Friday, February 15, 2008

Chandelier Re-do

I am s-l-o-w-l-y trying to fix up my dining room, and I think my next project is the chandelier. It came with the house and has a little charm, but something definitely needs to be done other than a good cleaning. My ideas are: paint it white or not (maybe a white wash), get new cystals, do colored crystals??, keep the old crystals but intersperse new/different ones, buy new chain to center it over the dining room table.




What do you like or not like from these three?
(Top photo:mine, bottom three: clippings from Veranda)

3 comments:

jenny said...

i kind of like the 2nd of the three - simple but striking. i also have an old chandelier in my dining room - original to the house i think and not my favorite, but i want to do something with it eventually. and also center it over our table! i will be interested to see what you come up with! :)

Vailmama said...

I like the 2nd one too. I'd paint the existing one and then attach some of those clear strands, maybe some single piece hangy thingies.

Amanda Conley said...

Yeah, I like your technical terms for the crystals, Kristen!