Friday, June 20, 2014

And I keep having adventures

In my last post I mentioned that I sensed change coming. Well, here it is. After more than 14 years in our East Nashville house, we have moved! 

I just have to get this off my chest - moving is the worst thing ever (ok, chemo is a little worse - but not much!) I have so much more sympathy for people who are moving than ever before! 
Y'all, I am so tired, I don't know how my body is still functioning.
But as grueling as the process is, I am so glad we have done it! We are taking the steps to get out of debt and it feels good to be making some wise financial decisions.

The first morning that I woke up in the new house, the very first thing I read as I opened my Bible was: "Lord, you've been kind to your land; you have changed Jacob's circumstances for the better." Psalms 85:1
That verse sums up this move perfectly.

So now, let me just reminisce about the house we have raised all of our kids in until now:










It was a good place.

The new one will be just as good. Maybe even better.
We get to do a lot of work on it, which is completely daunting and yet exciting. I'm pretty sure I would not be happy if I moved into a space that was already redone. An old untouched house really gets my creative juices flowing.
I'm already getting "before" photos of all the lovely flocked and metallic 60's wallpaper for you to Ooooh and ahhh over. You are going to love it.
NOT.






But, give me 14 years, and it is going to be awesome.
(Insert smily face with extra wide, slightly overwhelmed eyes here.)

2 comments:

Kohana said...

Your last home is LOVELY. Your new home is where the next season of joy and growth will sprout from. It's just the middle that is rough. You'll get there, and find new things to love, I know.

Amanda Conley said...

Thank you. And thanks for the encouragement! :)