Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Projects


I feel like the baby is about to be born. There is one week left until we start school! I'm trying to finish up a few projects around the house because I'm pretty sure I won't have near as much time for these type of projects after school begins.
I finally fixed up these chairs.

Before:




 After:


I found this really great oilcloth in an Etsy shop called Laminates. I think it looks great.

I also painted our back door that is right next to our "schoolroom." Not only did it need some sort of pick-me-up...really badly...but I figured that it should be extra special since it's in our classroom.

Before:




After:


Every schoolhouse needs some red, right? 
I have a few more projects that I am hoping to complete before next week, and then I'll show you exactly what our class area looks like. I have to say, this has been a sort of "dead" wall for as long as we have lived here. I've had ideas, but I have never done anything with it. So, I'm really excited that it is turning out the way that it is - and with a really great function! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Amanda - Your chairs turned out perfect. Thanks so much for mentioning my etsy store.

Amanda Conley said...

Thanks Deb! It was my pleasure!