Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just doing stuff. Like making baby food.

I have to admit that having four kids can be pretty overwhelming at times. Plus I've really been slacking on exercising, so I have virtually zero energy for things like blogging. Or for anything else really.

So this week I decided that if I don't start exercising again, I was never going come out of this dark hole, so that's what I've done. And all of a sudden I decided I would take some pictures and blog again! It's amazing what a little exercise can do.




This is one of the things I've been doing with my time. Making baby food. I started giving her little tastes of things last month (at 5 months old.) Now she's eating every night.



I just puree some of whatever we are having (before I add anything to it) and put it in an ice cube tray to freeze. The cubes make perfect 1 oz portions. Right now I have carrots, white sweet potato, and avocado mixed with banana already cubed in the freezer. I thaw it by putting cubes for the next day in the fridge overnight, or by steaming it right before I feed her (I actually do that more often because I always forget to prepare the night before.)
Homemade baby food tastes 1,000 times better than store bought, and is ever so much cheaper. No joke!



It won't be long until I add some fruit at breakfast. And beginning around seven or eight months I'll start adding a little herbs and spices to her food; things like oregano, mint and curry.



Did you or will you feed your baby homemade baby food? What was your favorite recipe?

No comments: