All of my nursery projects are coming along v e r y
s l o w l y. I tend to be over ambitious about the things I can accomplish in a set amount amount of time with the level of energy I have. But one major accomplishment was finished this weekend! Whew. The nursery is painted (it only took me about four weeks...!)
It posed a few challenges, in that it doesn't have a door, so the wall color from the upstairs hallway extends into the baby's room. I also wanted to do a chalkboard wall behind the crib, and I wanted it to wrap the corner so there wouldn't be one wall that she could color on from her bed and one wall she couldn't (that might be confusing for a little mind...) So, I had to come up with another break in the wall. I decided to paint faux frames around the mirror by the doorway and the around the chalkboard to delineate the spaces and to make the room a little more girly (without using pink!)
First I drew out half of the design on butcher paper and then cut it out. I traced it on one side, and then flipped it around and traced it on the other. Then I used the same template to do the frame around the chalkboard.