Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Remodeling

Since we learned out family will be growing, I pressed Seth into changing some things in the playroom/studio and kitchen. The chaos is sickening and I'm constantly wondering if this really was my idea, or some crazy demented alter ego me. But we've made some progress, so the glow at the end of the tunnel is finally showing a faint glimmering hope of actual light.

-Before-
This is the only picture I could find to show the awful blue and red in the kitchen and the white wall cabinets and manila colored fridge and the horrible, rusty exhaust fan over the stove. But you get the gist...

-Now-
New Fridge, new exhaust/microwave, new paint color and new shelves. Oh, and we have rearranged the bottom cabinets to give us more cooking space.
Now, obviously this is NOT a finished project. I just put the dishes up there so that we could have some blessed room at the table for once, but they will all have to come down again because the wall needs to be patched and the paint job is far from over.
Stage two: finish the walls, all the way to the laundry area, and add the white subway-tile back splash (yay!)
Stage three: Re-do the floor, re-finish the bottom cabinets, get a new counter-top, and build a pantry on the far wall.

Oh, and we added a blackboard on the other wall by the stairs.
(reminder to myself: finish the stair trim...)

No comments: