Thursday, January 24, 2008
(above: me and my little sister)
30 things about me (that you maybe don't already know and I didn't already say)
1. I was born in a blizzard at Williamson County Hospital.
2. My middle name is Joan (after my mom, Joan Del.)
3. I called my sister "sissy" when we were playing when I was little.
4. The imaginary "dad" when I played house (when I was 4-6) was named Jack and he looked like Bo from the Dukes of Hazard.
5. My first "boyfriend" (you know, the boy who was your friend but wasn't allowed to chase anyone else on the playground but you) was when I was in preschool. His name was Tom Tom and he looked like the toddler version of Bo from Dukes of Hazard.
6. My dad bought some cows when I was little so he wouldn't have to mow the grass.
7. I got to watch a calf being born.
8. My favorite story that my mom used to tell me was how she climbed up the antenna on the side of her house and got a spanking even though her mom said she could. (makes me want to better monitor what I'm saying "Mmm Hmm" to.)
9. I suggested the name "Adam" to my parents right before he was born- and they named him that.
10. I cried the first time I saw a dead bird.
11. When my grandmother died (my mom's mom) I couldn't cry. Maybe it was because I was 6.
12. For my 10th birthday I got some stirrup pants and a hot pink tunic to go with it and I was stoked!
13. I once made a life size paper doll (that moved) out of card board and metal brads so that I could have a big sister.
14. I couldn't/was scared to dive until I was in high school.
15. I used to sneak into the Burton Hills swimming pool all the time after closing until they hired guards and I got caught.
16. When I was in Jr.h high/high school I thought all the cool grownups went to SATCO (San Antonio taco Co.) all the time.
17. I once let a friend climb up to my second story bedroom window on my tied together sheets. The sheets ripped, but it still worked!
18. I was in a bunch of plays in Jr. high and high school.
19. In college, I tried to save a friend's cat from a vicious dog, but ended up having to go to the ER for a super deep cat bite.
20. My favorite class in college was figure drawing I, II and III.
21. I've been a bridesmaid twice.
22. When I was in high school and college I boycotted the GAP and tried to only wear vintage clothes.
23. Yet I worked at United Colors of Benetton and they made me wear their really uncomfortable suits. ( Although I would probably really like that now.)
24. I've been wearing my nose ring for 12 years now.
25. I got a really dorky flower tattoo in Florida with Amy when I was 18.
26. After I got my first apartment, I called my mom to ask her why there was this really horrible smell coming from the sink. She asked, "Have you washed the dishes?" Uhhh....no....
27. I've waitressed at 4 restaurants and worked at 6.
28. I haven't held a real job (and by 'real' I mean being paid by a boss) for over 6 years.
29. I really look forward to getting magazines and catalogs in the mail.
30. I feel like I should be turning 26 today.