Wednesday, September 5, 2007

On my heart...

Today I am thinking about the Farleys, whose blog I began reading from a link off of Melissa's blog. We sit in front of Boothe's parents at church but I really don't know them...But somehow I feel so connected. I'm sure the connection is because we share in the body of Christ, because I don't know how any of their suffering feels. Her words are grieving to me and also somehow comforting as they make me yearn for God. All of the details of my life seem utterly insignificant and I just want to focus on Jesus Christ who "being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death- even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father." Philippians 3:5
Jesus poured out his precious, perfect life so that I wouldn't have to. He has taken away the sting of death, because his love is so great for me and you that he wanted us to live forever... His love outweighs my agenda, and I'm so grateful that He has opened my eyes to see it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I prayed for them.