Monday, September 10, 2007

A Day at the Beach

I mentioned in my last post that we would be flying to Orlando to pick up our mini van. Well, we did, but there were a few hitches on the way. When we arrived, the guy who said he would be picking us up with the car became a no-show and we couldn't reach him on his phone. Apparently they had misplaced the key to the vehicle so they couldn't bring the car anyway. We were stuck at the airport until a guy from the dealership took pity on us and came to pick us up. They finally gave us a loaner car so we could get to the condo we had booked in Daytona. Seth convinced them to bring the car to us when they got the key the next day. They finally complied, thank goodness!
Waiting at the airport for a ride:


We had a few problems the next day too. We got trapped in the condo tower's garage for a whole hour (I thought we were going to die in there) because we couldn't find the button to open the garage door and we couldn't figure out how to get back into the elevators. We did escape eventually, and we enjoyed a rainy, overcast morning on the water. The next thing that happened, though, was that Seth took his phone (it was in his pocket) into the water. I bet you can figure out what happened to it. Salt water and cell phones aren't compatible. Bummer. We got over that one and continued to enjoy our day when we ran into the waves one more time before retiring to the room and Seth lost the key to the condo in the ocean. It was, yeah, you guessed it, in his pocket. Great. We ended up calling for help on the emergency phone in elevator. And we now have a 95$ bill for a replacement key.
Despite all of our setbacks (and there were actually a few more, but I'm tired of writing them) we had a lovely day together on the beach. The ever crashing waves always remind me that despite the fact that "life comes at you fast" our God is never changing. When I am having a bad day, he is still the same, loving me and being sovereign in His plan for my life. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17





You can see more of my pictures of this trip on my flickr account.

1 comment:

Joan Del said...

Definitely "stepping stones!" I love the pictures.