Friday, August 24, 2007
Me and Grommet
I stayed up late last night making five curtain panels for our freshly painted new studio/ guest room. I had initially planned to just purchase some white flat sheets, but I couldn't find them without their partner: the fitted sheet and their two pillow cases. I wasn't about to spend the cash on five whole families of sheets when I would only be splitting them apart. So I opted to just get fourteen yards of white muslin, which I hemmed into 8 foot panels and then I put in grommets at the top. Putting in grommets is so easy, that I ended up taking down my bathroom curtain that was pocket hung and put some grommets in that too! I am hanging the curtains on heavy gauge picture frame wire instead of a traditional rod. When I get them hung, I'll post a pic of the new room!