Sunday, August 12, 2007

Erwin Olaf

I got my Martha Stewart Living magazine in the mail this week and on the back cover was this ad for Kohler by Erwin Olaf.
I'm sure you are familiar with his photography, and even if you don't know his name you'll probably recognize his work because he has done ads for everyone from Lee and Diesel jeans to BMW to Microsoft and tons of other companies. I thought the Kohler ad was so funny and it reminded me slightly of the famous children's illustrator and regular back cover artist for Reader's Digest, C.F. Payne. Anyway, I thought you might enjoy a gander at some of his other work. I particularly like the series represented below. But be warned, if you go to his sight there are some quite graphic pieces that are not suitable for children.

"New York Times"
"Hope"

"Grief"

No comments: