Sunday, August 19, 2007
We spent our weekend at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. We thought that Emet had ingested some of Kaleb's ADHD medication, and so we had our first ambulance ride that wasn't for fun. Luckily our neighbor stepped in to care for the two big boys until their grandparents could get to our house to take care of them.
Once at the hospital, nurses and doctors hooked sweet little Emet up to all sorts of monitors while he looked on in utter confusion. Because the pills were extended release, Poison control made us stay for at least 23 hours for observation. Emet never did show any symptoms, thank the Lord. But there are still at least two pills unaccounted for. I've search every nook and cranny in our home to make sure they are not there, so I don't know what to think. All I know is, I'm glad to be home and I am very, very tired.